Rescue missions can only be carried out successfully if, in addition to professional handling, the financing is also ensured. Larger deployment scenarios, in particular, are an enormous expense for rescue dog organisations, and the training and qualification of dog teams are also associated with high costs. The IRO uses its funds for the areas of deployment, training, sport and coordination.
The IRO finances humanitarian aid in the following areas:
- Training of the rescue dog teams
- Conduct of mission readiness tests and certification of mission dogs
- National and international missions
- Coordination of international requests for assistance
- Networking of expert and dog handlers and knowledge transfer
- Cooperation with international organisations, such as UN-INSARAG